Saturday, August 14, 2004

let it snow

the weather outside is frightful
but the fire is sooo delightful
don't know this next line
let it snow let it snow let it snow

so pretty!
cuts ten years of maturity off my age but i don't care
i took photos and now i'm posting something in the way of an explanation... the things i do when i should be working on that essay... i wonder if 'distracted by the pretty snow' would go down well in application for an extension?

i have my doubts

which, i hear, doesn't help when you're praying. I'm going to go off on a tangent now. You were warned.

Next September, God willing, I will be going to Africa (Zambia or D. R. Congo, not 100% sure which one yet) on a short term missions trip. One of the guys who is going with us was having a good ol' rave about praying with FAITH. You gotta BELIEVE. Basically, we're supposed to pray for five thousand dollars as if the cheque is already in the mail. This is easier said than done. $5000 is more than i've seen in my life time... except in the movies when the cops give in and at (least pretend to) give the bad guy the ransom money.

In the meantime, as in before my five grand comes through, which i'm sure it will (was that convincing?) i have to think of ways to fundraise, and design t-shirts. fun eh? i love tshirts. and i have to pray. I'm really excited though. I want to go to the Congo and help out Sandy Meikle. She's a nurse and... well, i get the idea that she does pretty much everything.

So, if i work really hard, and finish my degree by the end of the first semester next year, then I'll hopefully be applying for a visa to the Democratic Republic of Congo and then leaving...
on a jet plane
don't know when i'll be back again
leaving...
on a jet plane
don't know when i'll be back again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home