Sunday, August 15, 2004

ode to an afternoon nap

i love to sleep in the warmth of the afternoon sun. Or in today's case, in the warmth of my electric blanket for half an hour before i have to go to work. I was conscientious for about an hour after lunch... wrote the introduction to my essay which, by the way, is utter rubbish. It will hopefully improve by thursday, and grow, because it's all of three hundred words and it should be two thousand.

My eyes started to shut when i started to note points for my first paragraph. So decided on a quick nap. And at five to three I got up with about as much enthusiasm as the grass did thismorning under two inches of snow. I donned jacket and scarf and vaguely waterproof shoes and searched the 'secret hiding place' at my neighbours for the key to get in and do my job (that is basically play 'mum' - keep children from killing eachother while tidying, ironing, cooking...) Anyway, they forgot to leave the key out. So when the kids get home in about five minutes I will go down and figure something out... until their older brother gets home and brings his key so we can all get in to afternoon tea, homework, vacuuming and anti-television-watching techniques.

Off i go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home