Wednesday, October 26, 2005

yay! blogger is working

wow - a whole blog free week. and while it hasn't been THE most exciting week of my life, it would have been nice to keep up to date - considering i now have my own computer! yay for my new laptop. it's a winbook-somethingorother.

so - catch up on my week...

FRIDAY
i spent the day here:


and on my bed, working on my essay, on my new computer (hallelujah for new toys, shame about using them for homework)

so when it got dark and i got sick of staring at this beautiful screen, i got me fancied up and went out with smore and her boys... warning: drunk boys.





So the party was fun. The boys were generaly drunk, but totally entertaining without being gross.

SATURDAY
Went raking leaves with people from Emmaus, after having my breakfast of poptart, snickers and frappucino. healthy eh? and leaf raking was followed by wendys. not a particularly healthy day, but leaf raking was good exercise. and it was so much fun with the kids - i miss kids. i think i must collect them at home but i haven't collected any here yet. it was really cool, i dunno wat it is, but kids are so fun to talk to and play around with, even when you're raking leaves. And there were quite a few leaves... okay, so no that many on the ground in this picture, but millions around the corner - minus the gardens we had raked - which looked spick and span.

I'm not 100% sure what i did on saturday night, but i'm sure it was dull. and i'm pretty sure it involved my essay. and a movie or two.

SUNDAY

Breakfast with Brittany at Applebys, then Insiders bible study. Church, lunch at washakie with Chad and others then back to Amandas room to tease Chad and Amanda while doing homework and watching movies. Then i left and he finally asked her out.

So yay for me and my teasing. I'm like Emma. So as long as I get a Mr Knightly at some point we're all good. Any suggestions.

MONDAY

Should have been a panic session to finish paper but i just plodded away, didn't go the the gym as i felt kinda bad on sunday night - all achy and co.

Didn't get outside till class in the evening. Africa since 1800 was entertaining. People asked dumb questions. Ismail and I wrote notes and were entertained. Then our group planned out paper for a bit. Late night shopping spree with Amanda. i got phone card and box of tissues. woohoo.

TUESDAY

Actually made it to the gym. But worked on essay. Then went to see George Bush Snr chit chat with an ex-senator of wyoming, something Simpson. It was rather lame - but i saw Bush snr in person. They talked fluff basically. Country is divided and Bush jnr aint so popular so maybe his dad though he'd try to rally support by joking about old times with old friends in public. Only really good bits were the bits he probably shouldn't of said - like when he was laughing at himself. I kept thinking - this guy must have some shocking stuff on his conscience, wonder if he keeps in touch with saddam hussein, etc.

Then did a bit more of my essay (not finished... should have been panicking, but i'm unfathomably calm even when i shouldn't be) before i went and helped amanda cook for chad's birthday dinner. Got back at 6.30, essay due at 7, when i was supposed to have been in class, with my book finished being read, and preferably dinner in my stomach as class goes till atleast 9.30...

So ran down to computer lab with essay on my memory stick, edited it one last time, printed at 2 min to 7, bought ham and swiss croissant from king street market, ran to class.

and blessed classmate ordered us pizza! god bless him. handed in my essay and discovered i can edit it for a better mark if i want... whew. and barely discussed book at all. which was fortunate as was almost finished chapter 2... though, i am an excellent bluffer.

After class, watched Beauty and the Beast with Chad and Amanda (who are too cute, i'm so proud) then went to my room and stayed up too much longer...

WEDNESDAY

got to the gym again. yay for me. then breakfast, shower, and 2 hour nap. i'm an old lady. it's official. woke up and worked on a few things for meeting thisafternoon. meeting was good - ended up talking about home for about an hour. but our presentation is ready for tomorrow... hopefully. and my questionaire is done - atleast a draft. feel ahead of things. but i have to stay on top of it cuz 5 days in DC after a weekend with the Navigators and I'll be horribly behind. Again.

Hehe, watching 'for richer, for poorer'. So gloriously cheesy.

Anyway meeting, then hangin with amanda, dinner, and i'm here, bout to go to Navs. Doop de do. Photos of Bush Snr up soon. I'm looking forward to some nice political comments. Go on, you know you want to.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm..yeah. He came to Wyoming because he was raising money for the university and because no one here - save for in their estimation...annoying students - are here to make fun of him or his boy.

It's annoying. He's getting old though, so its hardly surprising. If they were more popular right now, it'd probably have been a big GOP hug fest. Not that I'm a liberal. Just saying...

2:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Amy, isn't the internet amazing? I was out looking for info and sites related to nordman Fir Christmas Trees and the search put up your post 'yay! blogger is working'. Whilst it's not exactly what I was looking for I can see why it came up when I searched on nordman Fir Christmas Trees and other terms. Just thought I'd let you know I stopped by. Bye for now and thanks for a good read!

5:35 pm  
Blogger Editor said...

Wow that´s a great blog that you have there, mine is slightly differnent but it basically covers the same topics.

I have a breast cancer ribbon site. It pretty much covers Cancer related stuff.

Check it out, you won´t regret it... Cheers.. Roger From Http://www.havecancer.com

8:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had a bit of time to kill today Amy so I was sniffing out info on home grown christma trees for a project I'm working on. Your post yay! blogger is working came up when I searched on home grown christma trees. So thanks for an interesting read, glad I found it even though it's not completely related to what I was looking for! I'll look back from time to time if that's OK. Bye for now

6:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home