Monday, August 30, 2004

the rest of what i wrote in hanmer...

This place is getting busy. I would go for a walk and find the youth group... except people keep walking in the door behind me and it's cold out there.

Hanmer is another bollocky tourist place aimed at couples. Not singles or invalids like me. But I'm too tired and asthmatic to care. It's remarkable what doesn't bother one when one cannot breathe.

Okay. I can at least do something vaguely useful. My dialogue assignment. Characters... um... two good friends. Flatmates. I think they bet on something and one wants the other to pay up. Ooh! Me and Andrea bet on whether someone proposes in Paris. She gets me a KG of choc of my choice (so dark dark baby, dark) if he does. I get her the same - but her choice - so probably blackforrest - if he doesn't. That's it. But... the bet in fiction is serious for one and not the other. Or... misunderstood terms - one thinks it's if she does/not get engaged. Then he proposes and she turns him down, so wins the bet, then changes her mind when they get back home and they do get engaged... but not in Paris.

maybe.

Blah. Can't. Be. Bothered. Don't want dinner yet. But I'm sick of sitting on my lonesome.

I could bravely got and find them. Bound to be entertaining even if cold. That's something the occupants of this cafe ARE NOT. Very mundane to eavesdrop on. Or watch. Except the middle age couple outside who I think were glaring at me before. They must want an inside table. Fair enough. It's cold out there. But no snow. Toughen up folks. Plus... there's free tables. Maybe they're grumpy cause there food it taking a long time.

Hey, I see Alice and her mate. Maybe they're getting out. Na. I doubt it.

Ew. Grown man in speedos. So wrong.

I will go bathroom. Touch up make up. Blow nose. Then find clowns.

Enough sitting on my ass.

Then Laura came along and they all were getting out so I did get off my ass. But my make up remained icky and I went to the car and ate chips then slept all the way back to good ol Christchurch. Love warm house with warm fire and tonight we have lemon pudding! My favourite! Hallelujah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home