Saturday, August 28, 2004

What I Wrote in a Cafe at Hanmer Snow Day

I can't decide id it's snowing anymore. Perhaps it's 'rain falling as snow' like the forcaster said. Or else it's just boring old sleet. Whatever it is it's cold and wet and I'm glad to be inside and dry. Everyone else is in the pools, roasting nicely with snow falling on their shoulders. But I, armed with bronchitis and MnMs, am sitting in the cafe. I finished my book: "The Secret Garden". Now I'm watching whateverthehellisfallingfromthesky - wait! It is snow! It's white on the waitresses black tshirt. I'm tired. I want to go home and sleep by the fire. Maybe I shouldn't have bothered coming today. I played in the snow for a bit then sat in the car cause I got tired and asthmatic. I need to pace myself but meanwhile I have hardly spoken to any of the youth because there's not enough room in the van so John and I went with Shannon and Lyndelle in their car. Silliness, I tell you.

I just wish my head wasn't quite so heavy, my nose wasn't quite so snuffly, my MnMs running so low, my hair so tangled from that snow fight... though I did kick some ass.

Only 4 Oclock. Atleast an hour to kill. Blah blah blah... panther. cactus. traffic light ice blocks. red lips. 'you don't see that colour much in the afternoon. Except on working girls'. Cancer. Dan. Marie. Sad but beautiful love stories. Don't know what to cut from my script. Too long. Will give script to Stuart Hoar. Don't want to seem to eager. Haven't started dialogue assignment so might have nothing to worry about. Hope I know the next song the cafe plays. Songs seem very random but lots of NZ. Not as annoying as usual in light of olympic successes. Lots of steam coming off pools. John's hands were steaming when he was eating snow in the car. Last MnM.

Good thing there's free tables or else I might feel obliged to buy something more to stay. I often feel more obliged than I should I think.

Yay! I know the song on the radio. It's Persuasion. Probably a Finn brother. Tim. Or Neil. Grandad used to drive them to school. He he. Yay for Te Awamutu College. Yay for country roots. But I still prefer the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home